Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I got a new toy today...

I was in the office today conducting interviews to bring on an additional estimator. Business is booming, and this is the busiest April I've ever seen in the 5 years or so that I've been here. We are doing something right this year :)

I'm usually very busy in the morning and usually burst into the office... I placed my iced coffee down to get some work done... then I came back to the main office area and saw what I had done...


I got a kick out of this anyway... don't mind the polar bear on the back of that dog. Just another day at Casey Movers... I considered taking him home to Fiona... but nah.

Anyway, I am VERY excited for what this year has in store. We just filed new rates with the MA DPU and Casey Movers is now doing it's best to offer price guarantees (for qualified moves... there are always going to be variables such as closing times when selling or buying a house... storage requirements, etc etc). I'm really excited. I think the movers are going to happy. Customers are going to be happy. Sales people are going to be happy. And the company is going to be happy. We have been running these new rates for about 2 weeks now and I think EVERYONE is pleased. YAY! :)

Also. I got a new toy today... a Blackberry Z30. I currently own the Blackberry Z10 and I absolutely love it... however, the Blackberry Z30 has a larger screen, faster processor and longer battery life. And, before you say anything, YES I PREFER BLACKBERRY OVER iPhone.

My new Blackberry Z30 :)
I think people still don't realize that Blackberry ever released a new OS... this OS is superior to anything else in so many ways. It's quick... the web browsing is lightning fast (I went to Supreme Pizza in Whitman, MA for lunch with my cousin who also owns a Blackberry Z30) and we clocked it in excess of 40MBps download speed and about 11MBps upload speed over the Verizon network. I really appreciate the Blackberry Hub because I have a lot of email and social media accounts for business and personal use... and, it's all in one place and easy to access. I also love the fact that BB10 can now run ANY android app natively. Also, I don't have to worry about breaking it... the build quality is very good... if I drop it, it's not going to crack. Also, not sure if anyone knows this... but Blackberry is going to be running all your cars! Anyway: Go Blackberry!



Okay so enough fun and down to business... I helped a guy out with his reservation. James met with him a few days ago and I set him up with a 53 foot tractor trailer with a small shuttle and we'll be having 5 movers load up his home in Natick, MA (natick movers) on May 18th. We'll be delivering his goods to his new home in Gilmanton, NH two days later. They should be able to pull the trailer right into the driveway at the new home, so no shuttle will be required.

Got some neat reference pages we put together from the past couple weeks.

Chatham and Beacon Hill Movers
Beacon Hill Movers

Methuen movers
Moving in Methuen, MA

Kingston, MA Movers
Kingston Movers




Weymouth, MA Movers
We are Weymouth Movers
Anyway, please follow this blog. If you do have any questions about an upcoming move or know someone who is moving... you know where to reach me.

Casey Movers: Matthew Overstreet Sales Manager
Matthew Overstreet, Sales Manager & Business Development at Casey Movers. 379 Liberty Street Rockland, MA 02370. 781-871-1190







No comments:

Post a Comment